Many factors go into your choice of a dentist location, hours, payment options, services provided, office environment, and rapport with staff. They are all important, but you could be overlooking a critical consideration. Does the doctors philosophy show concern for your comprehensive wellness?
What is biological dentistry?
Dr. Michaela McKenzies style of dental care combines many of the techniques of conventional dentistry with natural artistry and a focus on the link between oral health and whole body wellness. Here are a few characteristics of her practice:
- She uses NO silver amalgam it contains mercury.
- Dr. McKenzie follows precise protocols defined by the IAOMT for removal of amalgam fillings. Taking these steps helps to ensure the safety of patients, staff, and the doctor with minimal environmental impact.
- The practice is metal-free as well as mercury-free. Dr. McKenzie introduced Z-Systems anti-allergenic zirconia dental implants to the Atlanta, Georgia area, and her expert ceramist ensures that restorations look as beautiful as they function.
- She offers biocompatibility testing, so there are no surprises about how your body might respond to any of the materials used.
- Dazzling Smiles does not promote the use of fluoride.
- Equipment sterilization techniques do not require harsh chemicals, but are very effective in killing germs.
- Dr. McKenzie invests in modern technologies like low radiation digital x-rays and gentle gum natural therapies for the benefit of her patients.
- She does not treat your mouth as a separate entity from your body. Dr. McKenzie is willing to work closely with your other health professionals including nutritionists and naturopaths so that you may enjoy a beautiful smile that doesnt cost your health.
- She takes a great deal of continuing education to stay abreast of the fast-evolving field of biological dentistry.
What is the IAOMT?
Dr. McKenzie is an accredited member of the IAOMT and also a board member. The International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology is a global group of dentists, physicians, and research professionals with a common commitment providing the highest possible levels of integrity and safety in patient care. IAOMT members are focused on analyze treatment options from a scientifically based perspective, selecting the healthiest solutions.
Dr. McKenzie studied directly under and was mentored under Dr. Ron Dressler, one of the original founding member of the IAOMT. He is regarded as one of the fields most respected authorities on, mercury free biological dentistry and integrative health.
Why does it matter?
Everything that goes into your mouth impacts your oral cavity, physiological health, and peace of mind. Think about that for a moment foods, beverages, pacifiers, fingernails, medications, and all of the equipment and materials used in dentistry have an effect on your whole body. Biological dentistry strives to maximize positive impact and minimize or eliminate negative impact.
Why choose Dazzling Smiles?
In Dr. McKenzies hands, you can be sure your smile and your health are top priority. She has a unique global perspective on the latest dental care techniques and philosophies. You can learn more about her professional credentials and qualifications as a biological dentist. But they simply illustrate that, with every patient and every procedure, she takes extra care to be sure that dental treatment doesnt cause harm. That is the importance of biological dentistry to your smile, your health, and your quality of life.