A dentist who understands the biocompatibility of materials and techniques is one who has a better understanding of the effects of dental treatments on the body as a whole. Dr. Michaela McKenzie in the Atlanta, GA area has a biological dental practice. She makes decisions with patients while considering the big picture of how it affects the rest of the mouth and body.Some patients may be curious as to what sets a biocompatible and mercury safe dentist apart from a traditional dentist who offers preventative and general dentistry services. Below are just a few of the aspects of dentistry that change when a biocompatible perspective is used:
- Dr. Michaela McKenzie does not use silver amalgam fillings due to the inclusion of mercury toxins. Instead, we utilize composite resin, which is biocompatible and aesthetic.
- Our practice avoids the use of metals in both fillings and restorations. This means all of our crowns, bridges, and implants are ceramic.
- Dr. Michaela McKenzie avoids the use of fluoride products and does not recommend fluoride applications for children or adults.
- Instead of using harsh, potentially dangerous chemicals to provide treatments for the gums and overall oral hygiene, our practice uses healing herbs and essential oils that are all-natural for optimum safety and overall wellness.
- The dental team of Dazzling Smiles believes in staying abreast of the developments in biological dentistry and enjoys continuing education classes and seminars for up-to-date knowledge.
- Our practice avoids making any decisions or performing any treatments that may compromise the health or safety of our patients.
- Our dental team always works with patients and makes them part of the decision-making process so they can be proud of what they have achieved with their smile.
Have you been considering a biological dental practice? If you live in the Atlanta, GA area and want to speak with a professional who cares about your overall health and wellness and not just the appearance of your smile, contact the team of Dazzling Smiles today to book an appointment with Dr. Michaela McKenzie.
Up Next: What Makes Mercury so Toxic and why it Matters to your Health