Naturally, you want to keep your teeth straight, sparkling white, and stunningly beautiful. However, there is more to your smile than just your teeth. Those pearly whites may take center stage, but the pink frame surrounding them is equally important. Healthy gums are crucial to the appearance of your smile, the longevity of your teeth, and more.
Why gum health is important
Dr. McKenzie provides healthy, nonsurgical treatment options for patients with periodontal (gum) disease. However, she believes that the best cure for any problem is prevention, and she is dedicated to helping her patients maintain healthy gums for life.
Did you know? Keeping your gums healthy may help:
- Keep your natural teeth strong and healthy for life
- Avoid cavities, especially along the gumline
- Manage certain systemic diseases such as diabetes more easily
- Improve the appearance of your smile, because gum recession can make teeth appear uneven or too long
- Keep your mouth sparkling clean, and your breath kissably fresh
The secret to successful prevention is stopping bacteria before they colonize. Brushing and flossing is vital, but some bacteria will always be present and it’s not possible to clean every pit, fissure, nook, and cranny. Therefore, a threefold approach is needed. Your first line of defense is oral hygiene and regular professional cleanings to remove plaque and tartar. Next is a healthy immune system to protect from the inside out. Finally, nontoxic, immune boosting, and bacteria-fighting oral care products help protect your gums from the outside in. Don’t worry; you don’t need harsh chemicals or invasive treatments to keep disease and infection at bay. We offer:
- PerioComfort™ Soothing Gel – A proprietary blend of organic ingredients, including ethically wildcrafted herbals, essential oils, and patented Phytoplenolin® provide fast relief from gum or tooth discomfort. It helps soothe, restore, and strengthen distressed tissues, leaving your mouth feeling clean and your breath minty fresh.
- PerioClear™ Alcohol-Free Mouthwash – Enjoy hours of fresh breath and help protect your periodontal health with this natural, non-alcohol mouth rinse. The organic blend of powerful essential oils and respectfully gathered wildcrafted herbal ingredients work together synergistically, to freshen breath, and hydrate and protect oral tissues. The ingredients include Folic Acid, Co-Q10, Peppermint oil, Clove oil, Thyme oil, Oregano oil, Olive Leaf, Green Tea, Echinacea, and Phytoplenolin®
- PeriDent Tooth Soap & Whitener – It may not be the most attractive name, but it is an excellent, natural product to help you maintain an attractive smile. It contains stain removing baking soda, acid neutralizing calcium carbonate, and bacteria fighting Xylitol, along with a proprietary blend of essential oils.
What Our Patients Say About Healthy Gums Treatment
Maintaining good periodontal health is just one of many reasons to visit us every six months. We are here to help you keep your smile dazzling!
GIVE US A CALL AT (770) 993-9217
and schedule an appointment today.
We look forward to meeting you in person at our all-new Roswell, GA office. For more information about visiting us and what areas we serve, click here.